The Film Fund offers documentary production grants to emerging and proven talents in the region. Applicants are encouraged to produce films based on stories that relate to their own realities. Priority will be given to creative teams (directors, producers, cinematographers, editors, sound recordists & designers etc.) working together on realising their artistic visions and thereby contribute to strengthen independent filmmaking in the region. The documentary grants enable low-budget films to be produced, finalised and distributed by offering crucial financial support, access to professional equipment, mentoring and professional advice.
Financial support will be granted on the basis of a budget that reflects realistic, low-budget costs in the country of production. Projects will have to secure additional finance from other sources.
For each successful project, the Film Fund set up specific demands and milestones that the applicants have to meet. The grants will be released in predetermined installments and contingent on the project having met the agreed goals. The final installment will only be released when the film is completely finished and account have been submitted and approved.
Stage 1Selection and short listing takes place on the basis of the written submission and supporting film material. Applications that fail to meet the requirements set out in the "Application Form" will not be taken into consideration.
Stage 2Short listed applicants will be informed of their status and may be asked to submit additional information before being invited to meet the Selection Committee. At this meeting all aspects of the project will be discussed – the need for further development, research, feasibility, time schedule, budget, finance etc.
The number of short listed applicants/projects is foreseen to exceed the number of production grants being offered. The projects are therefore in competition with each other. The Selection Committee will make a final selection after having met with the short listed application teams.
Next application scheduleIt is envisaged that there will be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 calls per year.
|To be announced|
HOW TO APPLY
- ›› The application form must be duly filled in English.
- ›› It must contain all relevant information about the applicants and the project.
- ›› It is the responsibility of the applicants to submit the requested information.
- ›› The application form constitutes the initial basis for processing the request for support.
- ›› Short-listing of applications will depend entirely upon the information given.
- ›› Additional material that may be annexed to the application will only be considered provided it is deemed relevant after the initial evaluation of the application.
- ›› The Application Form and any additional written material must be e-mailed to the screen institute office. Hand written applications and materials will not be considered.